Ozone (O3) is a natural agent that, through oxidation, kills moulds, bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms. Its antimicrobial properties are the most potent among other sterilising agents. At the same time, no carcinogenic byproducts are produced during its use, which is the case for traditional chlorine. Therefore, ozone is utilised in various branches of the industry: food, meat, dairy or cosmetics. TIENS has created an ozone generator – Fruit & Vegetable Cleaner – that takes advantage of the unique properties of ozone for the needs of everyday life. The device uses electric discharge to transform O2 from the air into O3 – ozone. Ozone works on the basis of oxidation. During reactions involving ozone, the extra oxygen atom is released and binds to the material ozone is reacting on. Finally, a pure and stable oxygen molecule (O2) is created.
TIENS Fruit & Vegetable Cleaner is universal, highly useful product for modern homes and offices. It can be employed for a broad range of cleaning and disinfection:
- kills bacteria and eliminates pesticides from vegetables and fruit, improves their quality and flavour, which is important for our health,
- degrades the hormones and antibiotics present in meat and seafood,
- extends the freshness of food,
- purifies and oxygenates water thereby making it better absorbable for the body; additionally, bathing in ozonated water helps relieve skin conditions such as fungal infections, for instance,
- purifies and disinfects air from bacteria, fungi and mites in homeland offices, removes odours such as cigarette smoke formaldehyde.
- sterilises dishes, bottles, towels and clothes,
- eliminates (and not masks!) organic and inorganic odours including cigarette smoke, fire and animal odours. May be utilised e.g. at home, at the office, in the car. It is particularly recommended to ozonise the home during periods of intense allergy symptoms in autumn and winter.
During use TIENS Fruit & Vegetable Cleaner must be placed high than the products being purified. That way the water will not return to the device and cause damage.